Gutter Cleaning Saves Money In The Long Run
If you do gutter cleaning, it can prevent several expensive and dangerous problems.
Cleaning your gutters can save you money by preventing these common problems. In winter time, gutters with clogs can cause ice dams. These can back up under your shingles and cause major damage to your roof. If a clogged gutter fills with heavy debris, it will start to pull away from the house. Then water damage will ruin your fascia boards. Gutters can even fall all the way off the house and damage property or hurt people. And above all, a clogged gutter is not doing its job: preventing water from going into your foundation.
When it comes to gutter cleaning, you have two options: do-it-yourself or hire a professional.
How frequently should you clean your gutters?
You can watch your gutters and tell if it is time to clean them. Watch for these common signs:
- water crests over and splashes your clean and streak free windows
- no rain comes out of downspout
- leaves or sprouts are visible over the top edge
- the gutter has peeling paint or orange rust powder
- the gutter is separating from the fascia